Monday, September 05, 2005

DS Files: Advanced Wars Duel Strike


After being totally unhappy with the $250 + I gave to SONY for the PSP, I figured while on vacation in Florida this past July Fuck it, I am getting the Blue Nintendo DS.

As I have sung the praises of the machine before, I will not re-hash here. On the advice of Keg O War , who is a huge Advanced war Fan, I picked it up. All I have to say is FUCK YEA..... the Game is amazing, and fun... yes fun the essence of what video games are suppose to be.

The graphics are not stellar, but are good and server the purpose. the sound works and is what you expected in a pocket game. But the game play is outstanding, the use of the touch screen to control troop deployment is great, but having the ability to use the D-pad and buttons is a nice touch for when you cant use the stylus.

AW:DS takes me back to when I use to play Civilization I on my old 386-33 PC, Deploy troops, watch resources and counter the enemy's best flank.

I have yet to try the WI-FI multi player, Calling you out Keg!!!!!, but from what I hear its a blast.

If you own a DS an like Mil-Sim in a Anime World... you need to stop reading and go to the closest store and get it.

out...

1 Comments:

Blogger k o w said...

Me and my brother spent the better part of Labor Day in the backyard grilling and playing AW:DS. We took on 2 computer players set on "General" difficulty and got our asses kicked. It only made us love the game more.

Rammy,
Your on. Just wait until we start playing Combat mode multiplayer. OOh-gah!

9/06/2005 08:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home